- Often lack of understanding and clarity around vision and values of the business – recruitment process not aligned
- Lack of planning into recruitment process and time-frame
- Poorly written job specification and advertisements
- Poor internal communications re the new hire
- Many companies do not have a realistic bench mark on salary package in advance of the process – this can be a huge time-waster.
- Companies focus too much on skills and knowledge, not enough on the attributes of the person
- Hiring process is often drawn out with too many stakeholders involved in the process
- Lack of feedback to candidates at all stage of process
- Many employers have a policy of not providing feedback to candidates post interview. If people take time out of their busy lives to be interviewed, then they deserve feedback to allow them to learn from the process.
- Great recruitment processes are often followed by poor on boarding and induction. New employees need to understand the required deliverables and should receive regular and honest feedback from day 1
Ireland’s economy is in huge growth mode with increasing demand for talent at all levels. You can have the best product or service in the world but if your employer brand lets you down word in the market spreads quickly and will have a direct impact on your ability to hire the best.
At HR Search, we partner with clients to assist in building employer brand – for further information contact Tanya Thomas or Caoilinn Taylor.